.

.

Friday 18 May 2012

Simply White

Helloooooo out there! I am so terribly sorry that I haven’t posted in a while. Life has been so crazy, its been work 24/7! But that’s okay, I’m here now and ready to post more for everyone. On Wednesday my friend and I took the sky train into Vancouver and did all the touristy things. For example the aquarium, the horse drawn carriage tours, and the Vancouver trolley. We also went for lunch at the Herons West Coast Kitchen at The Fairmont Waterfront. The food was spectacular, definitely worth it. If you ever go to Vancouver I would 100% recommend eating there, the food was to die for! And of course we did a little shopping on Robson. Such a fun day! My friend and I were talking about how we never do touristy thing in our own town. When we go to other cities/countries you always do touristy things, but you never exactly know what’s in your own city. Funny eh? So it was great to see the touristy side of the city. What about everyone else? Do you do touristy things in your city? Leave a comment, I’d LOVE to know!

So the sheer skirt maxi dress has been super popular this season for spring and I love the trend. I just had to try it out for myself. I have to say this outfit was super comfortable. I added the vest because the outfit needed a kick, and I think the vest gave it exactly what it needed. I was trying to keep the outfit casual so I added a brown belt. Brown is more for daytime and black is for night time. If you wanted to wear this dress out at night I would probably switch to a black belt and add a leather jacket. The brown snakeskin purse pulls everything together. The nude wedges were a must because I am short and I needed to look tall somehow! Maxi dresses can swallow short girls so nude shoes give the impression that you actually have a leg! LOL! The wedge is more daytime as well. I wanted to add some colour so I added some bulky bracelets and blue earrings to match. This outfit is so much fun and I would probably wear it anywhere and everywhere, just to be specific!!! :)






Vest: Macy's
Dress: Vintage
Belt: Papaya
Shoes: Marc Fisher
Bag: Boutique in California

I am so grateful to every single one of you that reads my blog. You guys are amazing, thank you!
“If you can’t see the bright side of life, polish the dull side”. -Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julieanne,

    Found your blog on your lookbookpage. Really like your photos! Your outfits and the landscape in every look are so beautiful. Following you now.
    xx nonnatiwow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog to! I am following you as well!! thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. OMG YES! I am so damn short, and when I wear platforms and my maxi skirt I look like a giant. Love it! (and holy shiit do you live in heaven? that background is amaaaazing!)

    xx,
    Lainy
    HauteInhabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha your comment made my day!! I wish I lived in heaven :) But i live in British Columbia Canada! The prettiest province! I will check out your blog right now!

      Delete