.

.

Tuesday 2 February 2016

A weekend in Wales

Hello friends!! Happy #traveltuesday ! I’m so excited to be bringing this page back to the blog. Today we will be exploring Cardiff, Wales. We took a bus from London to Cardiff, and the first thing we saw driving was the beautiful landscape. Green fields for miles, and a different language? Yes we actually did not know that in Wales they speak Welsh, we thought it would be English. 
Day one: We started out the day with a visit to Cardiff Castle; you really cannot miss it when you go there. The castle is huge, and you can pretty much go through it all. The tour started in the wartime shelters, and the main watch tower which has a stunning view over Cardiff. Inside the castle apartments there are beautiful murals, elaborate wood carvings, and stained glass. The castle is Victorian Gothic and created by art-architect William Burges for the 3rd Marquess of Bute. Finishing day one we went for a cup of coffee from Gregg’s and did a little shopping in River Island. 
Day two we went to Barry Island! We were desperate to get to a beach, because we had been told so many great things about Welsh beaches. Barry Island definitely did not disappoint! Absolute picturesque views and exactly what you see in photos of Wales. I love the extraordinary large hills that frame the ocean. A bucket of chicken and two ice cream cones at sunset ended a perfect day at the beach. And that concludes our weekend in Wales! A must see for anyone traveling the UK! Have you been to Wales, or maybe you’re from there? Let me know what your favourite highlights are, or suggest another city in Wales I should go to. Comment below!
 
 

Picture credit: My travel companion and best friend Emily xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks so fun there! I would love to see those castles up close in person. Great post! Thank you for sharing!
    by the way, thank you for visiting my blog :) I just followed you! I hope you have a wonderful day

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww you are so sweet Andrea! Yes, the castles were my favourite part such history! Followed you to, thank you xx Have a great week :):)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm....just reread again.....2 ice creams???
    Must have been good😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha one for me, and one for my best friend!

      Delete