Black leather jacket from Reitmans
White and grey knit sweater from The little white house
Plaid scarf purchased in Scotland
Blue denim by Marc by Marc Jacobs
White sneakers by Converse
Brown handbag from Francesca's
The jean! Put shopping next to it and it’s every females nightmare. It is such a daunting task that it gets put to the back burner, and then I get frustrated when I have no clean pants to wear. But then I get even more frustrated when I’ve been putting jean shopping off for months. So today I’m giving you my secrets to jean shopping to make your experience a little easier.
- When you find a pair of jeans you really like. Get two, seriously! Same colour, different colour, doesn’t matter but get two. You will thank yourself later.
- Do your research. There are so many types of jeans on the market, style, colour fit! For myself personally I don’t like the light washed denim. I find the darker the jean, the smaller I appear. And most importantly try on as many as possible. Every brand is different, and there are a million different fits!
- Don’t worry about the length. It can always be adjusted, and that’s probably even better because it’s tailored exactly to you!
- Spurge on denim! It’s something we wear so often that it just makes sense to buy a good quality-easy wash pair of jeans. If the colour is going to fade after a couple washes chances are you’ll have to buy another pair soon, and in the long run thats not ideal. The jean’s I’m wearing here are Marc Jacobs. I waited until sale day, as well as I worked for the company so I got a pretty good deal for expensive denim. It’s been one of the best purchases I’ve ever made! They are so comfortable, easy to wash, and the colour has not faded at all in a year!
- Try to go a bit smaller in size. Keep in mind that denim shrinks then expands, so the jeans in store will fit differently after a while. Try to go a size down, or wash your jeans in cold water and no dryer.
- Stretch denim is your best friend. It will move and curve to your shape. Also pay attention to where the jeans hit on your body. I prefer a high waisted jean because I have a small waist, it tends to gap in the back, and half the time with normal rise my butt is hanging out.
- Most importantly have fun! Grab a good friend, so she can tell you what you look like from the back if there is no 360 mirror. For me nothing is better than “woah your butt looks really great in those jeans”! :)