One thing I learned in fashion school was how to mix print. I mostly took inspiration from one of my good friends. She is definitely the master of mixing print, I’m pretty sure she was always in some kind of print! Here are some tips for mixing prints.
1. Don’t mix two loud prints; make sure one of the prints is smaller than the other. That way they aren’t fighting for attention.
2. Colour is key. Make sure one of the colours is in both your top and bottom, or a similar colour. This brings the look together. My look has both black and white; the pants tend to take more attention than the top because it is a busier print. Also both pieces have the same amount of colour. The top is focusing on white, and the bottom black.
3. Belt it! When you layer a cardigan or layering piece overtop, add a belt around the waist. That way it unites both the prints together.
4. Accessorize accordingly. In my look I paired my outfit with dainty earrings, a simple ring and clutch. I could’ve added a necklace but I wanted the outfit to be focused on the print more.
5. Mix textures! It’s an easier way of mixing print and it adds different visual elements to your outfit. Try a knitted sweater, with a leather skirt, or lace skirt.
So experiment with your prints, be bold and have fun! Let me know if these tips help, and if you try them out! XX
Top from Joe Fresh
Pants Old Navy
Shoes Le Chateau